Road Paver Training
The Road Paver training course is of half a day duration.
Road Paver Training Courses are limited to a maximum of 6 participants per course.
All participants must have steel toe cap boots, hard hat and hi-visibility vest.
Please note that machinery for all courses is provided by the trainee on the trainee’s premises.
The Safety, health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 places a duty on every employer to ensure so far as reasonably practicable the safety, health and welfare at work of all his employees which includes provision of the appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision.
At the end of the training course participants should have the ability to operate safely and know the capability of a Road Paver, to assess tasks, and operate in a fashion that will:
- Not harm him or herself or any one else
- Not damage any material, structure or vehicles he or she may come in contact with
- Be able to conduct a pre-shift check on a Road Paver and report any defect found
Road Paver Training Theoretical Training
- Safety responsibilities of an operator
- Pre-shift inspection of a Road Paver
- Vehicle Stability
Road Paver Training Practical Training
- Introduction to the Road Paver
- Controls and instruments
- Daily inspection, take-over and maintenance
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Manoeuvring in confined spaces
- Theory and practical assessment