Safe use of Chains and Slings
Safe Use and Visual Inspection of Chains and Slings is a half day course unless site specific requirements differ.
Courses are limited to a maximum of 12 participants per course.
Please note that machinery for all courses is provided by the trainee on the trainee’s premises.
The Safety, health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 places a duty on every employer to ensure so far as reasonably practicable the safety, health and welfare at work of all his employees which includes provision of the appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision.
At the end of the training course participants should have the ability to operate safely and know the capability of chains and slings, to assess tasks, and operate in a fashion that will:
- Not harm him or herself or any one else
- Not damage any material, structure or vehicles he or she may come in contact with
- Be able to conduct a pre-use check on lifting accessories, chains and slings, and report any defect found
- Safety responsibilities of an operator
- Pre-use inspection of Lifting Accessories, Chains and Slings
- Introduction to Lifting Accessories, Chains and Slings
- Daily inspection, take-over and maintenance
- Weight assessment
- Theory and practical assessment