Forklift Driver Training
Clive Kelly is an RTITB accredited Forklift Instructor.
The Instructor is RTITB trained. We offer 4 categories of Forklift Driver Training depending on the experience of the operator as follows:
- 5 day new entrant/novice course for persons who have never operated a forklift before.
- 2 day course for an experienced operator who does not hold a formal forklift operating license.
- 1 day refresher course for an experienced operator who holds a current operating licence which is within 6 months past its date of expiry.
- A 1 day site specific course to the premises only for experienced operators. The employer needs to clarify in writing that the operator has been operating a forklift for at least 2 years prior to the course commencing.
Courses are limited to a maximum of 3 participants.
The Safety, health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 places a duty on every employer to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable the safety, health and welfare at work of all their employees which includes provision of the appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision.
At the end of the training course participants should have the ability to operate safely and know the capability of a counter balance Forklift, to assess tasks, and operate in a fashion that will:
- Not harm him or herself or any one else
- Not damage any material, structure or vehicles he or she may come in contact with
- Be able to conduct a pre-shift check on a counter balance forklift and report any defect found
- Safety responsibilities of an operator
- Pre-shift inspection of a forklift truck
- Forklift Stability
- Battery care for battery powered or refuelling for diesel or gas powered
- Safe operation of a forklift truck:
- Load handling
- Racking systems
- Irregular loads
- Vehicle loading
- Weight assessment
- Theory and practical assessment
We also offer a motorised pallet truck training course.